Thursday, February 2, 2012

More Technology I Don't Understand

Oh my gosh you guys, I'm so lost. I still haven't figured out how to properly tweet and I just joined Pinterest. Why, why, why? Why do I do this to myself?

No kidding, I was just bugging Major Dad to explain Twitter to me, cause I know I'm doing it wrong. I'm looking at @ signs, # signs and a barrage of strange number/symbol combinations and all I can think is "what does it all mean???" It looks like a union meeting in a bowl of Spaghetti-O's. I know how to type in my tweet and post it, but it's like there's this whole other world full of little birdies that is just beyond my grasp. And the birdies are laughing at me. Laughing at me, I say!

So no sooner had I finally decided to sit down and devote some time to mastering Twitter 101, when Pinterest pops up. Blasted ever-moving-forward-technology!! I love the idea and I know it can be useful, but I have to figure it out first. It's like staring at a new toy that you know will be utterly awesome and do all kinds of super cool things, but not until you can get it out of the stupid box.

That's where I am...fighting with the packaging. And this is not Amazon's frustration-free packaging. This is old school, sealed with an entire roll of packing tape, stuffed in a clear plastic box and secured with those awful twist ties designed to make you regret ever buying the utterly awesome thing in the first place.

But I couldn't resist. There are pictures of adorable crafts I don't have the skill or time to do, but I like to look at them longingly and imagine a world where I could actually make an Amish quilt or a plush Yoda doll. And there are recipes and photographs and homeschool ideas that are way more creative than I could ever come up with on my own. There are literally hours and hours of ways to keep myself occupied when I want to hide from my to-do list...again. Plus, you have to be invited to join. Invited. So when I got my invitation (after I sent in the form requesting one. Hey don't burst my bubble, I haven't been on a red carpet list in a long time...ok ever) how could I refuse? It would have been rude.

So now I have a new technological toy I don't know how to work...kinda like my cell phone. And the best part of all, Major Dad had never heard of Pinterest. Haha! For once I was the first one to jump into the new gadget hot tub. Still don't know how to work it, but I was definitely there first.

No comments:

Post a Comment